Barbecue Chicken Oatmeal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Oatmeal base
- 1/2 cup(s) Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup(s) Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garlic salt
- 1 dash(es) Chili powder
- 1 dash(es) Paprika
- Other ingredients
- 3 ounce(s) Chicken
- 1/2 bulb(s) Red onions carmelized
- 2 teaspoon(s) Barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) Barbecue sauce
- tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch small chunks. (The smaller the chunks, the faster it cooks.)
- Season cut chicken with barbecue seasoning. Let it sit while cooking onions.
- Slice onion thin and caramelize. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over a medium to medium-high heat, thoroughly cook the chicken. Add the barbecue sauce in the last remaining minute or two, to the browning chicken. Cook for about another 2 minutes until barbecue sauce thickens to a glaze.
- Prepare oatmeal as per package instructions, using water/broth blend and garlic salt, chili powder and paprika.
- Stir in to combine cooked onions and chicken to finished oatmeal.
- Serves 1
- Calories: about 400
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TamedOats and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbecue Chicken Oatmeal Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes