This is one of my all time favorite recipes that I have been making for years! It is perfect for showers and casual gatherings. If I don't have OJ, I sub lime juice. It always gets rave reviews when I serve it and it is even better the next day!
Barbecue Chicken and Grape Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Wrap handle of skillet in foil; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; refrigerate until chilled. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, green grapes, and next 6 ingredients (green grapes through orange juice) in a large bowl. Add chopped chicken, and toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This