Pulled Barbecue Chicken and Coleslaw Sandwiches
Pulled pork is outstanding, but pulled chicken is a perfect substitute on a weeknight. Everyone will go nuts for this sandwich topped with Crunchy, Creamy Coleslaw and homemade barbecue sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 42 Minutes
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 21.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/3 cups Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (1.9-ounce) hamburger buns
- 2 1/2 cups Crunchy, Creamy Coleslaw
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from sauce, reserving sauce. Place chicken on a plate, and cool 15 minutes. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- 2. While chicken cools, return sauce to heat. Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir chicken into sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each bun. Top each serving with 1/4 cup Crunchy, Creamy Coleslaw. Cover with bun tops. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Kids Cqan Help: Kids can measure the ingredients for the barbecue sauce. Once the chicken has cooled, they can also shred the chicken and build the sandwiches.
- Tip: You can make the chicken up to two days in advance on the stove or in a slow cooker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note