Fabulous recipe. Everyone says they are the best beans they have ever eaten. A real hit at parties. Taking them to a barbecue today for Mother's day.
Nothing goes better with a burger or pulled pork sandwich than barbecue baked beans. A little sweet and a little spicy, this delicious side dish will win rave reviews at your next backyard cookout.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef (optional)
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook onion and, if desired, ground beef in a Dutch oven, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bacon and remaining ingredients, and spoon into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Bake bean mixture at 350° for 1 hour, stirring once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note