Barbecue-Battered Pork Chops
- 3 pounds boneless breakfast pork chops
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup honey smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Honey smoke barbecue sauce
- Cut each pork chop into 3- x 1-inch strips, and set aside.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish.
- Whisk together buttermilk, 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, and eggs in a bowl. Dredge pork chop pieces in flour mixture; dip in buttermilk mixture, and dredge again in flour mixture. (If flour gets gummy, just press into pork chop pieces.)
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Fry pork chops, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire racks over paper towels. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note