Barbecue-Battered Pork Chops
- 3 pounds boneless breakfast pork chops
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup honey smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Honey smoke barbecue sauce
- Cut each pork chop into 3- x 1-inch strips, and set aside.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish.
- Whisk together buttermilk, 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, and eggs in a bowl. Dredge pork chop pieces in flour mixture; dip in buttermilk mixture, and dredge again in flour mixture. (If flour gets gummy, just press into pork chop pieces.)
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Fry pork chops, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire racks over paper towels. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes