To my family & friends,I have become the Hambuger King with this recipe. I tweeked it a little by adding bacon bits and they are fantabulous!!!!!
Barbara's Big Juicy Burgers
Shape into 12 patties for smaller, quarter-pound burgers.
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 (6-ounce) cans 100% vegetable juice
- 3 white sandwich bread slices, torn into pieces
- 3 pounds ground chuck or ground round
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hamburger buns
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnish: dill pickle spears
- Microwave vegetable juice in glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute; add sandwich bread pieces, and let cool. Combine with hands.
- Combine vegetable juice mixture, ground chuck, and next 3 ingredients. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Spray cut sides of buns with cooking spray; place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack, and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hamburgers on buns. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used V-8 for vegetable juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Barbara's Big Juicy Burgers Recipe at a Glance