- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts or pecans
- Chocolate-Bourbon Frosting
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate, and beat until blended.
Combine flour and baking powder; add to chocolate mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla and desired nuts. Pour batter into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool brownies completely. Spread with Chocolate-Bourbon Frosting. Cut into squares.