I would agree that the sandwich needed something more and was a little dry. I've never tried the mayo mentioned, but it does sound like just the thing.
Banh Mi-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 907mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette, halved lengthwise and toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over steak. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 2. While steak cooks, combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through jalapeño pepper) in a medium bowl. Combine carrots and radishes in a medium bowl; add 1 tablespoon vinegar mixture, tossing to coat. Let vegetable mixture stand 5 minutes. Add steak to remaining 5 tablespoons vinegar mixture; toss well to coat.
- 3. Arrange steak on bottom half of bread; top with carrot mixture and cilantro. Top with top half of bread; cut into 4 equal pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches