Bang Bang Shrimp
Soak: 30 Minutes
- 2 pound(s) fresh wild shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Chili Dipping sauce, such as HT Traders
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Sriracha Hot Garlic Chili Sauce, add more Sriracha Hot sauce for more heat if desired
- lemon juice
- peanut oil
- Mix the above ingredients in a small bowl to mix the sauce and set aside.
- Shell and devein the uncooked fresh shrimp. Rinse in cold water.
- Soak the shrimp in a small amount of buttermilk with fresh squeezed lemon juice for 30 minutes. Dredge the shrimp and coat evenly in the dry cornstarch.
- Deep fry the shrimp in 375 degree peanut oil until lightly brown, about 2 to four minutes. Remove the shrimp and drain on a paper towel. Place the drained shrimp in a bowl and toss the shrimp with the sauce until completely coated. Serve in a lettuce lined bowl and top with chopped scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note