Bananas Foster Sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup light rum
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add bananas, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Heat rum in a small saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Quickly pour rum over banana mixture, and immediately ignite with a long match just above the liquid mixture to light the fumes (not the liquid itself). Let flames die down; serve immediately with Buttered Rum Pound Cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This