Bananas Foster Punch
This festive drink was inspired by the classic dessert of rum-drenched, caramelized bananas topped with ice cream. To make a virgin version, add an extra one-fourth cup milk and one-half teaspoon rum extract in place of the rum.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1 3/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups light vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1/4 cup gold rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Grated whole nutmeg (optional)
- Heat milk over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Combine sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook until sugar dissolves, stirring as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 2 minutes). Continue cooking for 2 minutes or until golden (do not stir).
- Carefully add hot milk to caramelized sugar in a slow, steady stream (mixture will bubble vigorously), stirring until sugar dissolves. Add bananas. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Place half of milk mixture, ice cream, rum, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher. Repeat procedure with remaining milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or up to overnight. Top with whipped topping and grated nutmeg, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note