Made bananas to recipe using rum. Subbed 1tbs pp mixed toasted coconut & nuts and served over frozen yogurt. Very nice.
Bananas Foster Parfaits
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
When making this recipe for adults, substitute an equal amount of gold rum for the apple juice.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 parfait)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 42.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Peel bananas, and cut each banana in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 pieces.
- 2. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until sugar mixture begins to bubble. Add bananas to pan; cook 2 minutes or until bananas begin to soften.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup yogurt into the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses. Divide banana mixture evenly among glasses. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts