I used it a "girl" party and everyone loved it. It was easy to prepare and was definitely a hit!
Bananas Foster Ice-Cream Pastry
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Ngyuen
More From Southern Living
Bake Time: 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed*
- Parchment paper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bananas, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and increase oven temperature to 400°.
- 2. Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 10-inch square, carefully smoothing creases. Cut into 4 (4- to 5-inch) circles using a cutter. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- 4. Heat butter and sugar in large nonstick skillet over low heat 2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Add orange juice, next 3 ingredients, and 1 Tbsp. water to skillet. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is blended and smooth. Add bananas, and cook 1 minute.
- 5. Arrange pastry rounds on serving plates. Top each with about 1/2 cup banana mixture and 1/2 cup ice cream. Drizzle with any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, and serve immediately.
- *Frozen puff pastry shells may be substituted for frozen puff pastry sheets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts