Bananas Foster Gratin
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1 almond biscotti, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter.
- 2. Slice bananas diagonally. Add to brown sugar mixture in skillet, tossing to coat.
- 3. Spoon banana mixture evenly into 4 lightly greased (1- to 1 1/2-cup) gratin dishes or a shallow, lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with biscotti crumbs. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts