Bananas Foster Custard Sauce
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 1 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 2 tablespoon(s) dark rum
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 ounce(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- In medium bowl whisk egg yolks, evap milk, brown sugar, and milk. In small bowl, whisk corn starch and cold water til smooth. Add corn starch, rum and vanilla to egg mixture, pour into a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, 7-9 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in butter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by auburn89 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bananas Foster Custard Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Puddings/Custards