This is an excellent recipe. It's easy and has become a requested dessert. I had to use vanilla extract the times I've made it but it is still yummy and the sauce gives the banana flavor we were looking for. I did lean the importance of not getting distracted when I add the egg mixture to the hot milk so the egg doesn't start to cook.
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon banana extract
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (16-ounce) stale French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Bread Pudding Sauce
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and butter in a large sauce-pan over medium-high heat until melted, stirring constantly. (Do not boil.)
- Stir about one-fourth of hot milk mixture gradually into egg mixture; add to remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. Press bread to absorb mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Bread Pudding Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This