Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) butter use only real butter
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) banana liqueur
- 4-5 banana cut lenghtwise then halved
- vanilla ice cream homemade or high quality
- 1/4 cup(s) dark rum
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet. Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until sugar completely dissolves. It will caramelize over the heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan. When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then carefully ignite the rum. When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place pieces over each portion of ice cream. Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
- *********Variations: one may substitute any fruit for this dish that has a correspondingly flavored liqueur -- peaches, pears, whatever
This recipe is a personal recipe added by qabowman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note