Banana Walnut Waffles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup(s) mashed banana
- Set your waffle iron in a level, clean surface and turn on to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract buttermilk, bananas, and walnuts. Add the wet ingredients, all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated. Try not to over-mix the batter. If a few lumps remain in the batter, that’s ok.
- Cook according to your waffle machine instructions.
- Serve with warm maple syrup. Waffles are best served immediately.
- Note: Allow waffles to cool completely. Store them in pairs in ziplock bags and store in the freezer. In the morning, gently reheat waffles in the toaster or toaster oven. Best toaster breakfast ever.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by caroveys and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Walnut Waffles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch