Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter chilled
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup(s) ripe banana mashed
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup(s) walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measureing cup, and level with a knife. Combine the flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through baking soda) in a bowl, and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3. Combine buttermilk, vanilla and egg whites in a bowl and stir well with a wire whisk. Add buttermilk mixture and banana to flour mixture, stirring just until moist (dough will be wet and sticky).
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface with floured hands, knead lightly 4 times. Pat the dough into a 9-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the walnuts and 1 tablespoon brown sugar over dough into 12 wedges, cutting into, but not through dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Yield:12 servings.
- CALORIES 210 (23% from fat); FAT 5.3% (sat 0.8g, mono 1.7g, poly 2.5g); PROTIEN 5g; CARB 35.8g; FIBER 1.6g; CHOL 0mg;IRON1.8g; SODIUM 233mg; CALC 66mg
- For a more healthy fare, you could substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose flour. I do not have the nutritional values for this substitution.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jazziesma and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes