Banana Walnut French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 0 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 4 bananas very ripe
- 0 1/4 cup(s) walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg ground
- 8 slice(s) bread
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup or jam
- In a large shallow bowl, using a fork, beat the eggs until lightly frothy. Stir in the milk and set aside. Peel the bananas into a small bowl and mash them with a fork. Stir in the walnuts and the nutmeg.
- Spread the banana mixture over 4 of the bread slices, leaving a 1/4-inch border uncovered on all edges. Top with the remaining bread slices and press down gently to seal.
- Place 2 sandwiches in the egg mixture and press down gently. Turn over and let soak for a moment until evenly saturated on both sides. Repeat with the other 2 remaining sandwiches.
- In a frying pan or on a griddle melt butter over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in pan or on griddle and fry until the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the sandwiches with a spatula, adding more butter to the pan if needed, and fry until golden brown.
- To serve place the toast on plates and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup or jam.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Schwacho and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note