Banana Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in banana and vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Combine pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon. Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan; sprinkle with pecan mixture. Pour remaining batter over pecan layer. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and water, stirring until smooth. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note