Banana Split Sundaes
Believe it or not, banana splits are a great way for children to have a well-balanced sweet treat. My secret? Go heavy on the fruit!
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla light ice cream
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups sliced banana (2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup bottled caramel sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted almonds
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 2. Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 8 bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup strawberries and 2 1/2 tablespoons banana. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons each of Dark Chocolate Sauce and caramel sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweetened whipped cream and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Tip: For portion control, scoop the ice cream for the kids, and then let them assemble everything else themselves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note