Banana Split Ice-Cream Sandwiches
This, crisp vanilla cookies add a textural twist to conventional banana split ingredients in this delightful sweet treat.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 7 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup ripe mashed banana (about 1 1/2 medium bananas)
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- Remaining ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 6 maraschino cherries, drained
- 1. To prepare cookies, combine sugar and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add vanilla and egg; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 6 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into center of each drawn circle; spread batter to outside edge of each circle. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Carefully remove cookies from paper, and cool completely on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, reusing the parchment paper.
- 4. To prepare filling, combine ice cream and banana in a chilled bowl, stirring well. Place 1/4 cup peanuts in a shallow bowl. Place 1 cookie on each of 6 plates. Carefully spread about 1/3 cup ice cream mixture over flat side of each cookie. Top with remaining cookies, flat sides down, pressing gently. Lightly roll the sides of each sandwich in peanuts.
- 5. Top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon whipped topping, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, remaining 1 teaspoon peanuts, and 1 cherry. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts