I have made this recipe many times - any time that I have extra bananas that haven't been eaten. I will often freeze it to save it for an occasion where I need to bring a dessert and it is always a hit. It is excellent when made according to the recipe, or because I am a chocolate lover, it is also good with chocolate chips added to the filling.
Banana-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; sprinkle half of mixture in a well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add banana, sour cream, and vanilla, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; fold into butter mixture. Pour half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This