Great taste. Used a 9x13 brownie pan and just used topping at top and bottom. Family loved it. Used non fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream to reduce fat and almonds instead of pecans for allergy. Will try in a Bundt pan when I get one.
Banana-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This Banana-Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe is a fun twist on the original. One online reviwer claims, "This is excellent! Love the surprise filling in the middle."
Yield: 1 (10-inch) coffee cake
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; sprinkle half of mixture in a well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add banana, sour cream, and vanilla, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; fold into butter mixture. Pour half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note