Banana-Sour Cream Cake
- 1 package(s) 2-layer size yellow cake mix
- 1 cup(s) mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) oil
- 1 package(s) 8 oz philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 package(s) 16oz powdered sugar
- 1 cup(s) walnuts finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350
- Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake, crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides. Keep refrigerated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sandymr24 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana-Sour Cream Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings