This cake was moist and delicious especially with the cream cheese icing Skipped the roasted bananas, topped it with butter roasted pecan pieces, big hit!0
Banana Snack Cake
Photo: Greg Dupree; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Glazed Banana Slices (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add mashed bananas and vanilla, and beat at low speed just until combined.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread batter in a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- 4. Spread cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with Glazed Banana Slices, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts