This cake was moist and delicious especially with the cream cheese icing Skipped the roasted bananas, topped it with butter roasted pecan pieces, big hit!0
Banana Snack Cake
Garnish this fun cake with glossy roasted bananas for a chic, modern spin, or simply gild it with the cream cheese frosting.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Glazed Banana Slices (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add mashed bananas and vanilla, and beat at low speed just until combined.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread batter in a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- 4. Spread cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with Glazed Banana Slices, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note