Banana Roulade with Hazelnut Cream
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 45.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Cool. Place nuts in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray; line bottom with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and nuts, stirring well with a whisk. Beat egg yolks in a large bowl with a mixer at high speed for 4 minutes. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 2 minutes). Add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in banana.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into banana mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Gently spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Loosen cake from sides of pan; turn out onto a dishtowel dusted with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Carefully peel off wax paper; cool cake 1 minute. Starting at a long end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on a wire rack; cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, hazelnut-chocolate spread, and vanilla; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating just until blended.
- Unroll the cake carefully, and remove towel. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake, leaving a 1/2-inch border around outside edges.
- Reroll the cake, and place, seam side down, on a platter. Cover and chill 2 hours. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Cut cake into 14 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts