Banana Quick Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 whole(s) large egg whites
- 1 whole(s) large egg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 - Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat 9 by 5 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- 2 - In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- 3 - In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat sugar, egg whites, and egg until almost double in volume. On medium-speed, beat in bananas, buttermilk, and oil until well combined.
- 4 - With rubber spatula, gently fold in flour mixture until just combined.
- 5 - Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6 - Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack. Can be stored, tightly wrapped, at room temperature up to 3 days or in freezer up to 1 month.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Quick Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads