Excellent...Have been making this for several years, I prefer using all Coconut Rum instead of bourbon and regular rum & using Skor or Butterfingers for the candy.
Banana Pudding Trifle
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 6 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, crushed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients ina large heavy saucepan; whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove mixture from heat.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks; add to the remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in vanilla.
- Layer one-third of wafers in the bottom of a 4-quart baking dish. Stir together bourbon and rum; brush over wafers. Top with one-third of banana. Spoon one-third of custard over banana, and sprinkle with 1/3 cup crushed candy bar. Repeat procedure twice.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over trifle, and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy bar. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Note: We used Skor candy bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note