Banana-Pecan Pound Cake With Caramel Glaze
Studded with pecans, this extremely moist cake gets its punch of banana flavor from baby food rather than mashed fresh fruit.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 (6-ounce) jars banana baby food
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Beat 1 1/2 cups butter and cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer 6 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in banana baby food.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and 1 2/3 cups pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick or skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in 2 tablespoons pecans; cool slightly. Serve glaze drizzled over cake or on the side.
- Note: With almost 10 cups of batter, this recipe makes a 4-inch-tall pound cake. If you don't own a heavy-duty stand mixer, make sure to use at least a 3 1/2-quart bowl to prepare it. When choosing a pan for baking, use a 10-inch tubepan that's at least 4 inches tall. To test for doneness, it's necessary to use a long wooden pick or skewer to reach down to the bottom of the cake. The cake may appear done on the top and when tested with a toothpick, but still not be done deeper down in the center.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts