Banana-Pecan Bread Pudding
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 whole(s) ripe bananas mashed
- 1 can(s) evaporated milk
- 3 whole(s) eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vanilla (pure)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Almond Extrace
- 2-3 wheel(s) large Croissants cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Chopped pecans divided
- for topping
- 2 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter (melted
- 1/2 of the pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, stir together bananas, milk eggs, sugar, vanilla, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the almond extract. Place torn croissant pieces (You can use day-old French Toast) and about 1/2 cup chopped pecans in lightly greased 2-quart casserole; Pour egg mixture evenly over croissant or french toast pieces. Press pieces into egg mixture to moisten thoroughly.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, melted butter and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir in remaining 1 cup chopped pecans. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over bread mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes or til slightly puffed. Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and caramel sauce topped with a sprinkling of finely chopped pecans.
- Add 1/2 package dark chocolate chips into bread/croissant mixture for an extra treat. Top with chocolate syrup instead of caramel. YUM
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PamsJams and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note