Banana Oat Scones
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) oatmeal
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Stir in bananas. Fold in buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Batter will be sticky. Put wax paper on a plate. Put batter on wax paper. Cover with another sheet of wax paper.
- Press dough into 3/4" thick circle. Put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 10 wedges. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush with buttermilk and egg white. Sprinkle with sugar and/or cinnamon.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Oat Scones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch