Just made these with my 5 year old. They are fabulous!
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Bake: 22 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In another bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla until smooth. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Fold in nuts.
- 4. Divide batter among muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon Nutella on top of each cup. Swirl together Nutella and batter with a toothpick.
- 5. Bake until muffins are golden, about 22 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, invert onto wire rack, turn muffins right side up and let cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note