Banana Nut and Dulce de Leche Coffee Cake
While best served warm, this cake can be made a day ahead and reheated.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces and divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (13.4-ounce) can dulce de leche (we tested with Nestlé)*
- Combine 2 1/4 cups flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut 3/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread batter into a greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut remaining 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture with pastry blender. Add pecans, pressing streusel mixture between fingers until large clumps form. Sprinkle streusel over batter in pan.
- Microwave dulce de leche in a small glass bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until drizzling consistency, stirring once; drizzle over streusel topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 38 minutes or until streusel topping begins to brown and center of cake puffs slightly. Cool slightly.
- *Find dulce de leche in the ethnic section or on the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This