Banana Nut Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine or butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) walnuts or pecans chopped
- Heat oven 350º. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2or 1 loaf pan 9 X 5 X 3 inches. Mix sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in eggs. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, bakng powder, salt and baking soda just until flour is moistened. Sir in walnuts. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8 inch loaves about 1 hour, 9 inch loaf about 1 165 mimutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cook 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans. Cool compoletely on wired rack before slicing Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week. 2 loaves (12 slices each) or 1 loaf (24 slices).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Nut Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads