- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lemon Curd (optional, see recipe)
- Beat 1 cup sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to banana mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Lemon Curd, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This