- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lemon Curd (optional, see recipe)
- Beat 1 cup sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to banana mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Lemon Curd, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note