Use very ripe bananas for the best flavor in this recipe.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Beat sugar and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, banana, and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to banana mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove loaf from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana-Nut Bread Recipe at a Glance