Don't throw away overripe bananas. With just a few pantry staples you can turn those bruised beauties into delicious Banana-Nut Bread. You'll love my version spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed of an electric beater until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add banana and milk to butter mixture; add dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Pour batter into a greased and floured 5" x 9" loafpan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
Speed up the time it takes for your bananas to ripen by enclosing them in a brown paper bag.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note