Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) Rolled oats
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) Canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) Mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup(s) Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) Raisins or currants
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whirl the oats in a blender until they reach the consistency of cornmeal; you should have about 3/4 c of processed oats. Stir them into the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg white for 3 minutes until foamy and increased in volume but not stiff. Stir in the egg, oil, mashed bananas, yogurt and raisins or currants. Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and dry. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, loosen each muffin by running a knife around the edge, and then tip out onto rack to cool completely.
- 171 calories, 3.9 gram fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads