We had a Caribbean theme progressive dinner in our neighborhood and I thought this would be a fun dessert to share. Based on previous reviews I decreased the rum by half and used light rum as it was all I had. It turned out great and was quite a hit!
Go tropical with this easy fruit crisp featuring banana and fresh mango and a crumbly topping of oats, brown sugar, coconut, and ginger.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 134mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 5 cups sliced banana (about 6 bananas)
- 3 cups chopped peeled mango (about 3 mangos)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, coconut, sugar, ginger, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add 1/3 cup oat mixture to banana mixture, stirring gently to combine. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over banana mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
If you don't want to use rum, you can still achieve a tropical flavor by using 1/4 cup pineapple juice in the fruit mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts