Banana Layer Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 zest of lemon grated
- 2 cup(s) bananas mashed
- 3 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 6 ounce(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) confectioner's sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray three 8 or 9" pans with Pam Baking Spray.
- Place the unbroken eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes before separating.
- Combine the milk, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and mashed bananas in a large mixer bowl and mix well.
- Combine the flour, sugars, soda and salt and mix with a whisk.
- With the mixer running, spoon the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Mix just until blended.
- Divide the cake batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans 2-3 minutes then flip layers out onto a rack to cool.
- Make the frosting:
- Mix the cream cheese and butter in a bowl, then stir in the confectioner's sugar.
- Beat until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Transfer one layer to a cake pan. Add a thin layer of frosting.
- Repeat until all layers are iced then ice the sides of the cake.
- Press walnuts into the sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DonnaHVaughn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note