Banana Layer Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 zest of lemon grated
- 2 cup(s) bananas mashed
- 3 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 6 ounce(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) confectioner's sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray three 8 or 9" pans with Pam Baking Spray.
- Place the unbroken eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes before separating.
- Combine the milk, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and mashed bananas in a large mixer bowl and mix well.
- Combine the flour, sugars, soda and salt and mix with a whisk.
- With the mixer running, spoon the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Mix just until blended.
- Divide the cake batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans 2-3 minutes then flip layers out onto a rack to cool.
- Make the frosting:
- Mix the cream cheese and butter in a bowl, then stir in the confectioner's sugar.
- Beat until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Transfer one layer to a cake pan. Add a thin layer of frosting.
- Repeat until all layers are iced then ice the sides of the cake.
- Press walnuts into the sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DonnaHVaughn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes