I'm not crazy about bitters - any idea what I could use as a substitute? Rum or Amaretto??
Bitters aren't just for cocktails. Here, they add unique flavor and aroma to a classic dessert.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
Total: 51 Minutes
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon aromatic bitters
- 5 large bananas, halved and sliced
- Bitters-and-Butter Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish or 6 (8-ounce) ramekins.
- 2. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in butter and bitters.
- 3. Place half of banana slices in bottom of baking dish or evenly in bottoms of ramekins. Sprinkle with half of breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining bananas and remaining breadcrumb mixture. Bake 35 minutes. Serve with Bitters-and-Butter Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note