Exchanged 1 cup white flour for whole wheat, used frozen cranberries, left out the nuts because I didn't have any. Tastes great with or without the glaze. DH said it's "Awesome!"
Regular-Size Banana-Cranberry-Nut Bread Loaves
Use bananas that appear to be past their prime for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, next 2 ingredients, and pecans. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks. Prepare Orange Glaze. Drizzle over warm bread loaves, and cool 10 minutes.
- Note: To make ahead, freeze baked, unglazed loaves in zip-top plastic freezer bags. Thaw loaves at room temperature. Reheat loaves at 300° for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads