Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes; Total time: 40 minutes.
Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup refrigerated coconut milk (such as So Delicious brand)
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
- 2. Whisk dry ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Whisk bananas, egg, egg white, oil, vanilla, and coconut milk in another large bowl until well combined.
- 3. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of the coconut.
- 4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Top with the remaining coconut.
- 5. Bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean (about 25 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly.
- Note: If you want to make a loaf, spread batter into a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan lightly coated with baking spray and flour. Bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean (50 to 55 minutes). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack and let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note