Banana Coconut Bread
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 3 whole(s) ripe banana mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) softened butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) softened butter
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) chocolate chips - optional
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded coconut - optional toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
- 3. In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add mix in eggs, one at a time.
- 4. Stir in the vanilla, followed by the banana mixture, until just combined.
- 5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- 6. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and add batter.
- 7. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- 8. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tkchristie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Coconut Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads