Very good! Used pecans, my husband won't eat walnuts. Added all the chips in with the batter. Enjoyed very much!
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Make a basic loaf of banana bread even more special with the addition of chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and flaxseed.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 174mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add sugars; beat until blended.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended.
- 4. Fold 1/3 cup minichips and nuts into batter; pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Combine remaining 1/3 cup minichips and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads