this belongs on a brunch menu at any restaurant. I loved it and the kids did too. What is not to love? Bananas and chocolate - yum! And easy recipe too!
Banana-Chocolate French Toast
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53.6g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole-grain bread
- 4 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 cup thinly sliced banana (about 8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 2. Spread each of 3 bread slices with 1 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread; arrange 1/3 cup banana slices over each bread slice. Top sandwiches with remaining 3 bread slices.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with 1 sandwich at a time, place into milk mixture, turning gently to coat both sides. Carefully place coated sandwiches into pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note