Banana Chip Oat Muffins
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine or softened butter
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
- ground flax seed
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, beat margarine/butter and brown sugar. Beat in the bananas, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Coat muffin cups with PAM and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes for full size muffins or about 13 minutes for mini muffins. I prefer to make them in the mini size. I also add ground flax seed to the dry ingredients when I have it. It yields one dozen full-size or about 36 mini muffins. I often double the recipe too.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HeatherSommer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Chip Oat Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch