The hot water bath helps insulate the custard from the direct heat of the oven and provides a more gentle environment for even baking.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour
Chill: 3 Hours
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 214mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium-size ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. Cook sugar in an 8-inch round cake pan (with 2-inch sides) over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, 5 minutes or until sugar melts and turns light golden brown. Remove pan from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. (Sugar will harden.)
- 2. Process egg yolks and next 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture over caramelized sugar in pan. Cover mixture with aluminum foil.
- 3. Place cake pan in a broiler pan. Add hot water (150°) to pan to a depth of 2/3 inch.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean. Remove cake pan from water bath; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- 5. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; invert onto a serving plate.
- Tip: The 8-oz. blocks of 1/3-less-fat cream cheese have marks on the packaging noting 1 oz. measurements. By using these marks, it is easy to measure the 3 oz. of cream cheese that you need for this recipe.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This