Banana Cake Batter
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Scrape down sides, and beat at medium speed 3 minutes. Use batter immediately, following directions for desired cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix.
- Banana-Pecan Cake Batter: Prepare Banana Cake Batter as directed; stir 1 cup chopped toasted pecans into batter. Use immediately, following directions for desired cake.
- Banana-Pecan Pound Cake: Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans evenly on bottom of a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan; spoon Banana-Pecan Cake Batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Mini Banana-Pecan Pound Cake Loaves: Spoon Banana-Pecan Cake Batter evenly into 5 (5- x 3-inch) greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Banana Cupcakes: Place 24 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon Banana Cake Batter evenly into paper cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Top each with Buttercream Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts